DR MIKE POSTHUMUS
- Senior Researcher, Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine (ESSM), Department of Human Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town.
- Head of Research, The Thembakazi Trust, Sports Science Institute of South Africa, Newlands, Cape Town.
- PhD, The University of Cape Town (June 2009)
Thesis title: The Genetics of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Ruptures
- BSc(Med)(Hons) Exercise Science, The University of Cape Town, 2005.
- BSc, The University of Cape Town, 2004.
ESSM RESEARCH GROUP
- Injuries and medical conditions associated with sport and exercise
- Exercise Performance
- The biology of musculoskeletal soft tissue.
- The genetic contribution to musculoskeletal soft tissue injuries.
- The genetics of sports performance.
- Treatment modalities in musculoskeletal soft tissue injuries.
Tel: +27 21 650 4575