ASSOC PROF JULIA GOEDECKE
- Specialist Scientist for the South African Medical Research Council
- Associate Professor, Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine (ESSM), Department of Human Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town
- PhD (Physiology) (Exercise Science), University of Cape Town (2000)
Thesis title: Fat as a fuel for exercise
- BSc (Med)(Hons) (Nutrition and Dietetics), University of Cape Town (1994)
- BSc (Physiology) University of Cape Town, (1992)
ESSM RESEARCH GROUPS
- Exercise in the management of chronic disease
- Exercise performance
- Ethnic differences in obesity and the manifestation of the metabolic syndrome in South African women, exploring the mechanisms underlying this association. This is currently being examined at a physiological and molecular level, as well as incorporating interactions with diet, physical activity, and socio-cultural factors.
- Individual variability in substrate metabolism with special reference to obesity, as well as exercise performance. This research also explores the regulation of fat and carbohydrate metabolism at rest and during exercise.
- C1-rated research scientist, National Research Foundation, South Africa
Tel: +27 21 650 4573