DR CATHERINE DRAPER
Senior Research Officer, Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine, Department of Human Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town
- PhD (Public Health), University of Cape Town (2005)
Thesis title: Medical students' attitudes towards and perceptions of the Primary Health Care approach
- MA (Psychology), University of Cape Town (2002)
- BSocSci (Hons) (Psychology), University of Cape Town (1999)
- BSocSci (Psychology), University of Cape Town (1998)
ESSM RESEARCH GROUPS
- Health and well-being
- Development and evaluation of community-based health promotion interventions, with a particular focus on physical activity.
- Preschool and school-based interventions to promote healthy lifestyle behaviours.
- Physical activity, gross motor skills, school readiness and executive function in early childhood.
- Qualitative research in the field of physical activity and health.
- Member of the International Society of Behavioural Nutrition and Physical Activity, and the International Society for Physical Activity and Health.
Tel: +27 21 650 4570